Mexican Street Corn Dip incorporates all the flavors of elote street corn in a warm, gooey and cheesy slow cooker dip. Crisp sweet corn, cream cheese, chili powder and tajin, lime juice and zest, green onions, cilantro and cojita cheese.
This is one easy dump-and-go crock pot recipe that’s phenomenally delicious and served up with tortilla chips. Perfect for football game days, Cinco de Mayo, taco Tuesdays or summertime gatherings when sweet corn is at it’s peak!
Why You’ll Love Mexican Street Corn Dip
Sweet Corn – crisp, sweet corn is the key to this appetizer. Fresh off the cob is always ideal, but frozen corn works as the next best thing.
Tons of Flavor – from the sweet crunchy corn, to the cream cheese base and melty cheeses, hot sauce, green onions and cilantro, jalapeño – this dip is LOADED with flavors.
Dump and Go – is there anything better than a set it and forget it recipe?
- Corn: fresh corn works best, but frozen and defrosted is the next best option. If you can spend the extra time pan grilling the corn, it will add even more flavor.
- Chicken: optionally, you can add two chicken breasts to this recipe if you’d like to add protein and make it a chicken-corn dip
- Cream Cheese: The base of this Mexican street corn dip. It provides a creamy consistency, I use two blocks.
- Sour Cream: Adds tanginess and a smooth, dippable texture
- Hot Sauce: Use your favorite hot sauce to add a kick of heat, I used Valentina
- Grated Cheese: Colby jack and pepper jack where my selections. You can choose whichever cheese you like, just be sure it’s a melting cheese like cheddar, monterey, etc.
- Cojita Cheese: Crumbly mexican cheese that’s similar to grated parmesan.
- Jalapeños: Diced jalapeño peppers add more heat and spice (remove seeds/membranes for less heat).
- Green Onion & Cilantro: Adds the perfect aromatics and fresh herbiness for this dip.
- Garlic Powder: you can use fresh garlic instead, but I prefer garlic powder to add garlic flavor.
- Lime Zest and Juice: Fresh lime juice and zest adds acidity and brightness into the creamy dip.
How to Make Mexican Street Corn Dip
You’ll love how easy it is to make this elote Mexican street corn dip. Be sure to review the recipe card below for the full details and measurements.
Step 1: Into a slow cooker add chicken (if using), corn, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder and tajin. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. I always avoid high heat when using cream cheese and sour cream as the crock pot can get too hot and “break” the dairy, creating tons of unsightly lumps in the dip.
Step 2: Mix the ingredients together until smooth (shredding the chicken if using), add most of the cheese, reserving 1/2 cup. Add in the lime juice and zest, chipotle powder and mix well until incorporated. Top with remaining cheese, cover and keep on low for another 20-30 minutes or until cheese melts through.
Step 3: To finish off the dip, add all of the toppings – cojita cheese, scallions, cilantro, hot sauce, etc. Serve with tortilla chips.
Tools I Love for Mexican Street Corn Dip
How to Store and Reheat
You can store leftover Mexican street corn dip in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat portions, you can simply microwave it for about one minute. To reheat the entire quantity of dip, place it into an oven-safe baking dish at 350 degrees until warmed through.
I don’t recommend freezing this dip since dairy doesn’t come back to life well when freezing and reheating.
What to Serve with Mexican Street Corn Dip
Of course, this dip is a must served alongside tortilla chips. But you can use any dippers you like from crackers to crispy veggies. This is one of our favorite hot party dips and it’s disappears quickly when served for game day gatherings, cinco de mayo parties, and cookouts.
Looking for More Party Dips?
I hope you enjoy this Mexican street corn dip as much as we do! Please be sure to tag me @BadBatchBaking using hashtag #badbatchbaking if you made this recipe and I will feature you on my story! Plus, I LOVE to see your cooking and baking accomplishments!
Slow Cooker Mexican Street Corn Dip
- 5-6 cups corn
- 2 chicken breasts *optional
- 2 blocks cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Tajin
- 2 cups shredded cheese pepper jack, colby jack, monterey, etc.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons cojita cheese crumbles
- Hot sauce to taste
- Into a slow cooker add chicken (if using), corn, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder and tajin. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. I always avoid high heat when using cream cheese and sour cream as the crock pot can get too hot and "break" the dairy, creating tons of unsightly lumps.
- Mix the ingredients together until smooth (shredding the chicken if using), add in most of the shredded cheese, reserving 1/2 cup. Add in the lime juice and zest, chipotle powder and mix well until incorporated. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese, cover and keep on low for another 20-30 minutes or until cheese melts through.
- To finish off the dip, add all of the toppings - cojita cheese, scallions, cilantro, hot sauce, etc. Serve with tortilla chips.