This post is all about how to make this warm and cheesy Spicy Italian Sausage Dip! The most addictively decadent crowd favorite dip for your next gathering.
Spicy Italian Sausage Dip is so easy to make for football parties, game nights, cookouts, or any gathering with family and friends. This dip is warm, cheesy, and creamy with tangy kicks of heat from the banana peppers.
My favorite part about this sausage dip is that it only needs 10 minutes of prep work. Plus it’s so easy to make the day ahead, which is really ideal if you have a big menu or busy schedule.
Serve this delicious cozy dip with tortilla chips or my favorite, garlic buttered toasted baguette slices.
This recipe post is all about how to make Spicy Italian Sausage Dip.
Key Ingredients in this Spicy Italian Sausage Dip:
- Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage – my parents have always sworn by Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage. It truly has the best flavors!
- Cream Cheese – one block of softened cream cheese
- Banana Peppers & Cherry Peppers – a combination of these two peppers are diced up and added to this dip for tangy and a mild kick of heat.
- Tomatoes – diced canned tomatoes
- Cheese – shredded mozzarella is used for stringy cheese pulls and parmesan adds lots of flavor.
- Seasonings – Italian seasoning, garlic powder and red pepper flakes, pepper and salt.
How to Make Spicy Italian Sausage Dip:
Step 1: Start by cooking the Italian sausage in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through. As the sausage cooks shred the cheeses and chop the peppers. Strain excess fat and place crumbled sausage into a large bowl.
Step 2: Place the cream cheese and shredded cheeses into the same bowl, reserving some cheese to top off the dip. Finally, add the peppers, tomatoes, and seasonings. Mix together until evenly combined and place into a greased 9×13 casserole dish.
Top with remaining cheese and another dash of Italian seasoning all over the top.
Step 3: Place in a 375 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and allow the top to get bubbly and lightly browned (about 3-5 minutes). Serve with warm buttered baguette or tortilla chips.
Can You Make Sausage Dip Ahead?
Yes! This sausage dip is very easy to make a day or two ahead. You’ll follow the first steps, cook the sausage through and combining it with all remaining ingredients in a large bowl until smooth and evenly combined.
Place it into a 9×13 casserole dish, top with remaining cheese and cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to bake.
Tools I Use:
Looking for More Dips and Appetizers?
I hope you enjoy this Spicy Italian Sausage Dip recipe. Be sure to comment below with any questions or feedback! If you make these or any other recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG @BadBatchBaking to be featured on my story. Seeing your recreations makes my day!
Spicy Italian Sausage Dip
- 1 lb. Johnsonville spicy Italian sausage, crumbled ground or uncase the links
- 1 - 12 oz can diced tomatoes, drained well
- 1/2 cup banana peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry peppers, diced
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded divided
- 3/4 cup Parmesan grated
- 1 block cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp each: garlic powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes
- Freshly grated black pepper
- For serving: toasted buttered baguettes or tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium heat to crumbles until cooked through. Strain out grease.
- Into a large mixing bowl add softened cream cheese and seasonings. Combine until smooth. Add sausage into a mixing bowl along with all remaining ingredients, reserving 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Add to a greased 9x13 baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn oven to broil until browned and bubbly, about 2-3 minutes.
- I like to serve with buttered and toasted baguette slices or tortilla chips.