Your new favorite go-to appetizer for parties, Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip is decadently creamy, cheesy, and chock-full of peppers and smoky bacon. This dip steals the show at football parties, holiday gatherings, pot lucks, or any event you bring it to. I always get asked for the recipe!
Jalapeno Popper Dip is slightly spicy but the cream cheese and sour cream temper the heat, leaving a balanced delectable dip with just a little kick that everyone can enjoy. Serve this dip with Ritz crackers, Club crackers, pretzel thins, tortilla chips, etc.
Key Ingredients in Bacon Jalapeno Dip
- Jalapenos – Fresh jalapeños and pickled jalapeños are used in this recipe. You can swap for all fresh or all pickled. To reduce the heat from fresh jalapeños, simply remove the seeds and membranes.
- Banana Peppers – To kick up the flavor and tang, adding banana peppers is the perfect addition. You can select mild or spicy when purchasing these.
- Green onions – who doesn’t adore the light oniony flavor that green onions impart. These add to the flavor explosion of this dip.
- Cream Cheese – For the main base of this creamy dip, a block of cream cheese is used. Be sure it’s fully softened.
- Sour Cream – Another element for the creamy base, sour cream lightens up the heaviness of the cream cheese and makes the texture more dippable.
- Cheese – Freshly grated off the block sharp cheddar cheese, monterey jack (or pepper jack) cheese, and parmesan cheese. These add gooey cheesiness of course, and a sharp bite.
- Bacon – Instead of wrapping bacon around the jalapeño poppers, it’s chopped up and put right into the dip! Remove if serving this to a group of bacon haters 🙂
- Seasoning – only garlic powder is needed since there are so many fresh aromatic elements.
- Panko Bread Crumbs – Adding lots of texture and interest to this creamy dip, the bread crumbs are mixed with butter, parsley and parmesan cheese.
How to Make Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
With just a few quick and easy steps, you can enjoy this deliciously creamy and bubbly cheese dip. This is the perfect choice if you’re in a pinch for time.
Step 1: Combine the bread crumb mixture in a small bowl and set aside.
Step 2: In a large bowl, combine all of the dip ingredients – reserving 1/4 cup of the bacon, cheddar and monterey jack cheese for topping. Mix well until smooth and evenly combined.
Step 3: Spread mixture into a greased baking dish or pie dish, top with reserved toppings and finish off with the breadcrumbs. Bake in a preheated oven until golden brown and bubbly.
How to Make-Ahead Jalapeno Popper Dip
This Bacon Jalapeno Popper dip is super easy to prep the day ahead. Simply make the dip mixture, spread it into a prepared baking dish, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Keep the toppings in a separate baggy (in the fridge) and assemble just before baking.
I love making this dip ahead and bringing it to parties and baking it onsite. It only takes 15 minutes to bake so it’s quick and easy and you can serve it hot and fresh for guests to enjoy.
Tools I Love For This Recipe
Looking for More Party Dips?
If you love this Jalapeno Popper Dip, you’ll adores these other popular dips:
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for my creamy and smoky Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip. Be sure to comment below with any questions or feedback!
If you make these or any other recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG @BadBatchBaking to be featured on my story. Seeing your recreations makes my day!
Bacon Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 6 strips bacon, cooked crispy and diced
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 fresh jalapeños, diced seeds removed for less heat
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños, diced half a 4 oz can
- 1/4 cup pickled banana peppers, diced
- 3 green onions, diced (green and white parts)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, divided
- 1 cup pepper jack or monterey jack, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shaved, grated, etc
- crackers or tortilla chips for dipping
- 2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine panko bread crumbs, 1/4 cup parmesan and parsley. Pour over the melted butter and toss until evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, peppers, green onions and garlic powder. Mix well until smooth.
- Into the cream cheese mixture add 3/4 cup cheddar, 3/4 cup pepper jack and 1/2 cup parmesan. Mix to combine, then add in most the bacon (reserving some for topping). Mix until mixture is well combined.
- Spread out mixture into a greased pie dish, cast iron skillet or 8X8 baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and bacon. Then finish off by adding a thin layer of bread crumb mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until mixture is golden brown and bubbly on the sides.