This Frito Chili Cheese DIp is a warm and cozy appetizer that is full of flavor and super easy to make. Instead of canned chili we are making this with a chili starter and adding our own beef, seasonings and add-ins. That way, we get some of the ease while still controlling the quality.
We’ll get this chili cheese dip mixed together, bake it, then top it with crispy bacon and green onions. Serve it with Frito’s Scoops of course and your guests will fighting over who gets the last scoop.
In all honesty, I am not even a chili cheese person. I don’t eat chili dogs and I don’t typically eat chili but this Frito Chili Cheese Dip is so phenomenal and addictive I just can’t stop eating it.
Our Favorite Chili Cheese Dip:
Not only is this frito dip easy to throw together and perfect for a football game or tailgate, it’s so incredibly flavorful with kicks of heat, a little sweetness, and tons of creaminess from the cream cheese and cheddar. It’s quick to mix and too easy to enjoy.
- Ready in 20 minutes – brown some hamburger meat, dump and mix the ingredients and bake!
- Left-over friendly – it’s better as it sits!
- Easily adjusted – add or remove ingredients you don’t like. This dip is very forgiving.
- Versatile leftovers – you can top hot dogs with this chili dip or put it on a hamburger for sloppy joes.
Frito Chili Cheese Dip Ingredients:
Cream cheese is the base of this frito dip. Then we’ll mix in all of the chili essentials as well as extra seasonings to amp up the flavor:
- Ground hamburger
- Rotel tomatoes
- Chili starter (beans and chili sauce)
- Onions (white onion and green onions)
- Cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Crispy bacon
- Seasonings: chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper, brown sugar, hot sauce.
How to Make Chili Cheese Dip:
This dip is best served hot and bubbly out of the oven! I make the bacon ahead of time for ease when it’s time to make this dip.
Step 1: Brown up the hamburger. Dump all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
Step 2: Add it into a buttered up oven-safe skillet and get it baked in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Top with crispy bacon and cook a few more minutes. Top with green onion and toppings of choice (extra hot sauce, white onions, crushed chili cheese Fritos, etc).
- Use softened cream cheese. To speed up this process, remove the foil and microwave cream cheese in short bursts until it’s softened but not melted. Or, leave the foil on and immerse in hot water until softened.
- Make sure to use the Fritos Scoops as the regular Fritos are not built to scoop. You can also serve with tortilla chips (or veggies if you really want to ruin the party haha).
- Cook the bacon ahead and chop it up to make it easier when it comes time to make this chili cheese dip.
Tools I Love:
Looking for More Party Dips?GET RECIPE GET RECIPE GET RECIPE GET RECIPE
Did you love this Frito Chili Cheese Dip recipe? Be sure to comment below with any questions or feedback. Don’t forget to tag me on IG with any photos; @BadBatchBaking and use #BadBatchBaking
Frito Chili Cheese Dip
Chili Cheese Dip Base
- 1 lb. ground hamburger, cooked and drained
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained well like Rotel
- 15 oz. can chili starter like Bush's Chili Magic
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce I used Louisiana
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
Toppings / Serving
- 1.5 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 strips bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 2 green onions, diced green and white parts
- Frito's Scoops for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combined the softened cream cheese, hamburger and all remaining dip base ingredients. Mix well until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Add the dip into a greased/buttered oven-safe skillet. I use a 10" cast iron. Top with additional cheddar cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Top with chopped bacon and return to the oven and finish cooking until it's bubbly around the edges, another 3-4 minutes.
- Finish off the dip by adding diced green onions. Serve warm.