Garlic Parmesan Crispy Air Fried Chicken Wings are so easy to prepare and you don’t have to deal with grease and deep frying. You and your family and guests are guaranteed to fall in love.
Extremely crispy chicken wings that are made super easy in the air fryer without any deep frying – These wings should not be this good!
My husband claims these garlic parmesan air fried chicken wings are the best chicken wings he’s ever had, and we’ve been to the Anchor Bar many times (the original creator and master of the chicken wing). If that doesn’t convince you to make them, I don’t know what will.
If you’re familiar with my cooking, you’ll probably recognize this garlic parmesan sauce. It’s the same sauce I use on my Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers, Ranch Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers, and my Garlic Parmesan Chicken Sliders.
Why You’ll LOVE these Air Fried Chicken Wings:
It’s football season and what is a better game-day appetizer then super crispy chicken wings?! They’re air fried to crispy perfection, and then tossed in the most incredible salty, garlicky, herby butter parmesan sauce. You will absolutely make these again and again.
- Healthier(ish) without the deep frying, you get wings that are lower in fat and calories! Yes, the butter is still a factor.
- Crispy- the broiling, air frying and cornstarch/baking powder create the perfect crisp.
- 5 minute prep! Once these wings are cleaned and ready to cook, the prep is super easy.
Key Ingredients in Garlic Parmesan Air Fried Chicken Wings
These air fried chicken wings are smothered in a garlic butter sauce that is so dang good, you’ll wonder how it was possible it only needed a handful of ingredients – some of which you may already have in your kitchen.
- Chicken Wings – you can use the party pack or just buy drumettes or flats or even drumsticks (whatever your preference is).
- Butter – six tablespoons of butter is used.
- Garlic – lots of fresh garlic, about 8-10 cloves
- Parmesan – grated parm is the best for this recipe as it easily incorporates in the butter sauce.
- Hot sauce – just a tablespoon to give this chicken a little kick without adding too much heat.
- Seasonings – ranch seasoning, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Fresh Parsley – the fresh parsley adds the perfect herbiness to balance the savory butter sauce.
- Corn Starch & Baking Powder – these just lightly coat the wings but make a huge difference in the crunch factor
How to Make Crispy Air Fried Chicken Wings
Just a few easy steps and you’ll be enjoying these garlic garmesan crispy air fried chicken wings for your next game day gathering or easy dinner. I like to clean my wings as soon as I get home from the store so that once I am ready to cook my chicken wings, the preparation part is already done.
Step 1: Clean Chicken Wings
Thoroughly clean your wings. I like to soak them in vinegar and water for 1-2 hours and then trim off any weird parts, feathers, etc.
Step 2: Season & Coat Wings
Pat the wings dry – this is essential in crispiness. Season liberally on all sides with a combination of powdered ranch seasoning and cajun seasoning (+salt and pepper if needed). Once they are well seasoned, coat them in a mixture of cornstarch and baking powder.
Step 3: Air Fry Wings
Put the wings on a broil setting on high in the air fryer for the first 4 minutes. Then switch to the air fry setting and air fry at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes. While they wings are cooking, prepare the garlic parmesan sauce in a large bowl.
Step 4: Toss Wings
Dump the hot and crispy wings from the air fryer basket directly into the large bowl with the butter sauce. Toss well with tongs or just by shaking and rotating the bowl. Enjoy immediately. To reheat leftovers, place them in the air fryer on a piece of foil for easier cleanup.
How to Reheat Air Fried Chicken Wings
I am going to assume you won’t have any leftovers. But in the rare chance you do, you can store any leftovers in an air tight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Once you are ready to reheat, just simply pop any wings back into the air fryer at 375 degrees for about 3 minutes on each side. I usually put a piece of foil under the wings so the sauce doesn’t make a mess of the air frying basket.
How to Freeze
Freeze chicken wings in a single layer on a baking sheet until solid, then transfer to a Ziplock bag for up to 3 months. Allow wings to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating in the oven.
What to Serve with Air Fried Chicken Wings
I love serving other finger foods and dips with my chicken wings at a game day party. Check out my Hot Corn Dip, Mini Deep Dish Pizzas, Caramelized Onion & Bacon Dip, Frito Chili Cheese Dip, and Spicy Italian Sausage Dip.
Don’t Like Bone-In Wings?
If you aren’t a traditional chicken wing person, you will adore the super tender Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers that are also easily made in an air fryer.
My Favorite Tools:
Looking for More Football Favorites?
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe for Garlic Parmesan Air Fried Chicken Wings. Be sure to comment below with any questions or feedback! If you make these or any other recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG @BadBatchBaking to be featured on my story. Seeing your recreations makes my day!
Garlic Parmesan Air Fried Chicken Wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings party pack, drumettes, flats, etc.
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning or Sazon Goya Sazon Culantro y Achiote
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter, salted
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Thoroughly clean your wings. I like to soak them in equal parts vinegar and water for 1-2 hours (store in fridge). Then rinse well and trim off any weird parts, feathers, etc.
- Pat the wings very dry - this is essential in crispiness. Season liberally on all sides with ranch seasoning and cajun seasoning (or Sazon). Add salt and pepper if needed based on the seasonings you use.
- Once they are well seasoned, combine the cornstarch and baking powder in a bowl. Then sprinkle over the chicken, tossing to evenly coat.
- Put the air fryer to the broil setting on high. Broil the wings for 4 minutes. Then switch to the air fry setting and air fry at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, flipping half way through.
- While they wings are cooking, prepare the garlic parmesan sauce in a large bowl. Add butter and garlic into the bowl. Microwave until butter is softened and partially melted. Mix in remaining ingredients until a soft paste forms.
- Dump the hot and crispy wings from the air fryer basket directly into the large bowl with the butter sauce. Toss well with tongs or by shaking and rotating the bowl. Enjoy immediately. To reheat leftovers, place them in the air fryer on a piece of foil for easier cleanup.