Yes, are extremely easy to make in an air fryer and yes, you can make these keto-friendly! Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites are stuffed with cheddar cheese and parmesan, tossed in a spiced-up brown sugar mixture and then air fried until the bacon is crisp.
The chicken on the inside of these Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites stays so juicy and tender from being blanketed by the salty bacon and a center of gooey cheese.
My favorite part is that you can dip them in ranch dressing and it’s a cheddar-bacon-ranch symphony of flavors.
These tender chicken bites are juicy, salty, crispy, and gooey – all the things that’ll make you not be able to stop eating them. If you’ve ever tried the viral bacon-wrapped crackers… it’s like those on steroids.
This recipe post is all about how to make these easy air-fried bacon wrapped chicken bites.
Why You’ll Love These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- Perfectly Poppable – these little chicken bites are so fun to eat. You’ll feel tempted to grab handfuls of them like you’re eating popcorn!
- Crowd Favorite – we all love bacon, chicken, cheese and brown sugar. It’s one of those apps that will be the first to disappear.
- Easy to Make – only a few key ingredients and easy to make in large batches in the air fryer or oven.
- Great for Parties – they can be served in a bowl with toothpicks and they are great warm or even at room temp.
Key Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites:
(The full printable recipe with measurements is below on the recipe card.)This bacon wrapped chicken bites recipe only needs a handful of ingredients and it’s a relatively cheap and easy appetizer to make.
Two chicken breasts and one pack of bacon go a long way in this recipe.
Chicken breasts – chicken breast or tender are cut into small bite sized pieces.
Bacon – thinly sliced bacon us used. Avoid thick-cut as it won’t crisp up and the ratio will be off.
Cheese – parmesan or cheddar cheese pair perfectly. I filled some with parm, some with cheddar, and a few with both.
Brown Sugar – this is a key ingredient for getting the addictive sweet and salty fix. See below for keto-friendly alternatives.
Spices – paprika, chili powder, cayenne, salt and pepper
How To Make These Chicken Bites Keto-Friendly?
Brown sugar is the only ingredient that disqualifies this recipe from being keto-friendly. If you are following a keto diet, you may be familiar with brown sugar substitutes.
Add equal parts (1/2 cup each) erythritol and allulose into a stand mixer, turn the speed to medium and slowly drizzle in 1 tablespoon of molasses.
For dark brown sugar, add 2 tablespoons of molasses. Once it’s well combined and resembles brown sugar, place it in an air tight container and store until ready to use. It lasts up to 6 months.
Can I Make Them in the Oven?
If you prefer to make these bacon wrapped chicken bites in the oven, this can easily be done. I recommend this method if you are making these bites in large batches.
You can place them 1″ apart on a parchment lined baking tray and bake them at 350 degrees for a total for 35 minutes (flipping part way through). See my recipe card for detailed instructions.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
These air fried chicken bites couldn’t be easier. With just a few easy steps you can make a huge batch for your next gathering or game day party.
Step 1: Dice Chicken & Wrap Bacon
Slice chicken breasts horizontal into thinly sliced breasts. Alternately, you can use chicken cutlets or tenders for this recipe. I like to season my chicken first for extra flavor then slice chicken breasts into 1″ cubed pieces.
Cut the bacon strips in half, place one piece of chicken at one end, top it with a piece of cheese, then roll it up. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
Step 2: Toss in Brown Sugar
In a bowl add brown sugar and seasonings, tossing well to mix. Place each bacon wrapped chicken piece into the bowl of brown sugar and toss them, packing on the brown sugar to ensure it sticks.
Step 3: Air Fry or Bake
To Air fry, place them 1″ apart into the air fryer basket. No need to add any non-stick spray since the bacon will produce plenty of oil as it cooks.
Cook for 6 minutes at 400 degrees, then flip each piece, top with a sprinkle more of the brown sugar seasoning mix and return to the air fryer for 6-8 more minutes at 400 degrees. They will be finished when the bacon is crisp and a dark red-brown color.
For oven preparation, place each piece 1″ apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Flip each piece and you can use a paper towel to absorb some of the excess grease on the pan. Return to cook for another 10 minutes.
Helpful Tools for This Recipe
Looking for More Party Foods?
I hope you enjoy this air fried bacon wrapped chicken bite recipe. Be sure to comment below with any questions or feedback! If you make these or any other recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG @BadBatchBaking to be featured on my story. Seeing your recreations makes my day!
Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 4 oz thin sliced cheese, parmesan and cheddar cut into 1" squares
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast cutlets or tenders work too
- 1.5 lbs bacon, *thin sliced only*
Brown Sugar Seasoning
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper less or more if you prefer
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper (each)
- Cut chicken breasts into 1" cubed pieces. Combine the chicken seasonings then season the chicken well on all sides. Cut the bacon strips in half, place one piece of chicken at one end, top it with a piece of cheese, then roll it up. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- In a medium sized bowl add brown sugar and seasonings and mix well. Place each bacon wrapped chicken piece into the bowl of brown sugar and toss them, packing on the brown sugar to ensure it sticks.
For Air Frying:
- Place them 1" apart into the air fryer basket. Cook for 6 minutes at 400 degrees. Flip each piece, top with a sprinkle more of the brown sugar seasoning mix and return to the air fryer for 6-8 more minutes at 400 degrees. They will be finished when the bacon is crisp and a dark red-brown color.
- Place each piece 1" apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Flip each piece and you can use a paper towel to absorb some of the excess grease on the pan. Return to cook for another 10 minutes.