This post is all about how to make Honey Mustard Chicken BLT Sliders – one of my most popular recipes and the first one to go viral on social media. This recipe has received amazing feedback from all that have tried it!
These blackened chicken BLT sliders with golden honey mustard are the perfect handheld snack for gatherings, game day parties, cookouts, pool side, you name it! These are a crowd favorite and super easy to make.
It starts with toasted slider buns topped with juicy pan seared blackened chicken. Then they are piled high with bacon, lettuce, tomato and drizzled with honey mustard and mayo. To finish them off, the tops of the buns are smothered in garlic butter.
This recipe post is all about how to make my Honey Mustard BLT Chicken Sliders!
Key Ingredients in These Chicken Sliders:
- Blackened Seasoning – I use a homemade blend for my blackened seasoning but you can grab a premade bottle.
- Chicken – chicken tenders are used but you can also use breast or thigh
- Golden Mustard – a zestier take on traditional honey mustard (Sweet Baby Ray’s brand). Honey mustard works too.
- Bacon – adds the perfect smokiness for this BLT slider
- Cheese – colby jack cheese is used, you can use you preferred cheese. Choose one that is mild and not overpowering.
- Veggies – crisp iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, red onion (optional)
- Slider Buns – Kings Hawaiian, of course!
- Garlic + Parsley + Butter – grated garlic clove (1) and chopped parsley get added to melted butter and spread on the buns
How to Make These Chicken Sliders:
With just a few easy steps you can have these sliders on your table in under 30 minutes. This recipe can also be done on the grill!
Step 1: Start by cooking your seasoned chicken either in a oiled skillet over medium-high, or grill the seasoned chicken. As the chicken cooks, prep your veggies by slicing them for sandwiches.
Then make your butter spread by combining in a bowl the softened butter, chopped parsley, and grated garlic. Heat for 30 seconds or until butter melts, then stir to combine.
Step 2: Slice the sliders in half horizontally using a serrated knife. Place them cut side up onto a baking sheet and toast under a broiled (or on your grill) until golden brown, just a few minutes. Flip the top buns so the domed tops are facing up and leave them beside the bottom buns on the pan.
Assemble the sliders by first adding a squeeze of mayo to all of the bottom buns. Add the chicken, scattering it evenly so each slider gets at least one chicken tender. Add a dollop of the golden honey mustard, then place cheese over the chicken.
Step 3: Flip the top buns right-side up and spread them with the butter mixture. Add sliders back into the broiler for another minute or two until cheese softens.
Top the sliders with bacon, tomatoes, red onion, lettuce, and another drizzle of the honey mustard. Place the top buns atop the sandwiches, slice to separate them and serve.
Where to Find Golden Honey Mustard:
In this recipe I use the Sweet Baby Ray’s Golden Mustard. It’s similar to honey mustard but with a bit more zing and less mustard-y. Usually Wal-Mart is the easiest place to locate this and other hard to find condiments.
Tools I Use for These Chicken Sliders:
Looking for More Tasty Sandwiches?
I look forward to your questions and feedback below. Please be sure to tag me @BadBatchBaking using hashtag #badbatchbaking if you made this recipe and I will feature you on my story! Plus, I LOVE to see your baking accomplishments.
Honey Mustard Chicken BLT Sliders
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders boneless chicken breasts and thighs work too
- 1 pack Hawaiian slider buns or dinner rolls
- Mayonnaise, to taste
- Sweet Baby Rays Golden Mustard honey mustard works as a substitute
- 8 strips bacon, cooke crisp
- colby jack cheese enough slices for the sandwiches
- 1/2 head lettuce
- 1/2 small red onion sliced thin
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced thin
- 4-5 tablespoons oil for marinade and cooking chicken
MY BLACKENED SEASONING
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika or regular
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 stick butter softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Place tenders into a large zip-top bag or bowl. Add several tablespoons of blackened seasoning and a few tablespoons of oil. Mix to coat them evenly, making sure they are well seasoned on all sides.
- Cook chicken either in an oiled skillet over medium-high, or grill the chicken, about 3 minutes per side flipping just once.
- As chicken cooks make your butter topping by combining all butter mixture ingredients in a small bowl. Heat for 30 seconds or until butter melts, then stir to combine.
- If needed, slice the sliders horizontally using a serrated knife. Place them cut side up onto a baking sheet and toast under a broiler until golden brown, just a few minutes.
- Flip the top buns so the domed tops are facing up and leave them beside the bottom buns on the pan. Assemble the sliders by first adding a squeeze of mayo to all of the bottom buns.
- Add the chicken, scattering it evenly so each slider gets at least one chicken tender.
- Add a dollop of the golden honey mustard, then place cheese over the chicken.
- Spread the top buns with the butter mixture. Add baking sheet back into the broiler for another minute or two until cheese softens and the top buns are slightly toasted.
- Top the sliders with bacon, tomatoes, red onion, lettuce, and another drizzle of the honey mustard. Place the top buns over the sandwiches, slice to separate them and serve.