This post is all about how to make jalapeño popper hot corn dip, a cheesy, creamy skillet corn dip loaded with bacon, jalapeños, cream cheese and lots of cheese!
Bubbling hot and loaded with kicks of heat, pops of sweet corn all intertwined with gooey melty cheese. This hot corn dip is eat-it-til-your-stuffed addictive!
We’ve turned our favorite appetizer – jalapeño poppers – into an indulgent cheesy hot dip loaded with crispy bacon and lots of gooey cheese. It’s the perfect balance of creaminess and spice and gives you an excuse to invite company over just to serve this.
To make this even more delish and to add a little more substance, this would be amazing with rotisserie chicken. My only worry is that it would be an excuse for me to eat a big bowl because after all, it has protein 🙂
This recipe is all about jalapeno popper hot corn dip! The perfect creamy appetizer that everyone will love.
Why You’ll Love This Jalapeño Popper Hot Corn Dip:
Not that you need any excuse or convincing to want to make this recipe, but…
The Perfect Party Food – an unexpected appetizer that people will be thrilled to see and they’ll be scraping the bowl clean.
Takes Less Than 20 Minutes – dicing and prepping included, this recipe takes less than 20 minutes to pull together.
No Oven Needed – if you’re making this in the peak of the summer when corn is at it’s sweetest, you’ll appreciate that this recipe doesn’t require any oven.
- Sweet Corn – fresh off the cob is best, but defrosted frozen sweet corn is the next best option.
- Bacon – crispy bacon is crumbled over the top of this finished dip
- Jalapenos – fresh and pickled jalapenos are used for the perfect kick
- Spicy Mayo – loosens up the dip and helps ensure your chips won’t break once you go in for a dip.
- Cream Cheese & Half and Half – adds creaminess and to the cream also helps loosen up the texture.
- Mozzarella & Cheddar – the perfect duo for stringy cheese pulls and sharp cheddar flavor
- Aromatics – green onions and garlic
- Spices – seasoning salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, and chili powder
How to Make Jalapeño Popper Hot Corn Dip:
Step 1: Add butter to the skillet and saute green onions and garlic over medium heat until they are fragrant. Add the corn, followed by all of the seasonings. Mix well to combine.
Step 2: To the corn add softened cream cheese and allow it to melt, about 5 minutes. Add the mayo and incorporate both into the corn mixture.
Step 3: Add half and half, then the cheeses, stirring them until melted. Top it with jalapeños, green onions, crispy bacon, and hot sauce.
Slow Cooker Method for Hot Corn Dip:
This recipe can easily be made in a slow cooker. Add all of the ingredients into the slow cooking (leaving out the toppings) and allow it to cook covered on low for 2 hours. Stir it occasionally to incorporate the cream cheese, half and half, and the cheeses.
Tools I Use for Hot Corn Dip:
Other Hot Dips You’ll Love:
Did you love this jalapeno popper hot corn dip recipe? Be sure to comment below with any questions or feedback. Don’t forget to tag me on IG with any photos; @BadBatchBaking and use #BadBatchBaking
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Hot Corn Dip
- 3 bacon strips, cooked crispy
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 sweet corn ears
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 green onions, sliced green and white parts separated
- seasoning salt to taste, about 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup nacho jalapeños also called pickled jalapeños
- 1/4 cup spicy mayo regular mayo can be used instead
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup half & half
- 1.5 cups mozzarella and medium cheddar, shredded I use a combination of both
- Topping: hot sauce, green onions, and thinly sliced fresh jalapenos, optional
- Serve with: tortilla chips, carrot stick, cucumber rounds, etc.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add butter and saute green onions (white parts) and garlic until they are fragrant. Add the pickled jalapenos and corn, followed by all of the seasonings. Mix well to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium low. To the corn add softened cream cheese and allow it to melt, about 3-4 minutes. Add the mayo and incorporate both into the corn mixture.
- Add half and half, then the cheeses, stirring them until melted. Top it with fresh jalapeño slices, green onions, crispy bacon, and hot sauce.