These bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers are creamy, spicy and loaded with cheese. The perfect party appetizer! Not too spicy since we remove the seeds, but just enough kick to balance the cream cheese filling and smoky crispy bacon.
Ingredients Needed for Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
It doesn’t get easier than bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers! With just a handful of ingredients you can make one of the most delicious poppable appetizers.
Seasonings – just salt, pepper and onion powder
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Of course, the first ingredient is jalalpenos. Be sure to buy long ones (at least 3 inches) otherwise they will be a pain to stuff with the filling. You’ll cut the jalapenos horizontally then scrape out the seeds and ribs – which is pretty easy to do with a spoon. Removing the seeds also takes out a lot of the heat, making these suitable for those that don’t enjoy spicy foods.
We’ll combine the filling mixture in a large bowl. I find that microwaving the cream cheese in 10 second bursts can help to get it soft enough to easily mix. Stuff each jalapeno with an even layer of the cream cheese filling.
The final step is the bacon. Once all the jalapenos are filled, you’ll slice the bacon in half and wrap each jalapeno with 1/2 piece of bacon, securing it with a toothpick before they bake. It’s important to avoid thick cut bacon because it will not crisp up and instead will be more rubbery which is not pleasant.
I like to serve my bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers with a side of ranch for dipping, but honestly they’re awesome as-is too. This is one of those party snacks where everyone will be asking you for the recipe! You can even fill and wrap the jalapenos up to 8 hours before you plan to bake them, simply store them in the fridge until you’re ready to go. You might even want to consider making a double batch, these little guys disappear quickly!
Looking for More Party Appetizers?
I hope you enjoy these Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers. Be sure to comment below with any questions or feedback!
If you make these or any other recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG @BadBatchBaking to be featured on my story. Seeing your recreations makes my day!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 jalapeno peppers approximately 3-4 inches long
- 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices bacon don't use thick cut
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and ribs.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture.
- Cut the slices of bacon in half crosswise and wrap each pepper half in a slice of bacon, using a toothpick to secure the bacon.
- Arrange the peppers on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until bacon is crispy and browned. Serve immediately.