This southwestern spin on smoked buffalo chicken dip just may be your new favorite appetizer! This easy dish just requires dumping a few different ingredients into a pan, dropping it on the smoker to just set it and forget it. I’ve also included oven instructions!
If you’re looking for the perfect crowd-pleasing appetizer that will be a slam dunk at your next gathering – whether it’s a 4th of July or a Super Bowl party – this will certainly be a winner!
This smoked buffalo chicken dip was such a hit when I made it last week, that we ended up keeping the whole tray instead of sharing it with our neighbors as we originally planned. We just kept snacking on it throughout the day and before we knew it we were too in love to let it go.
In this super easy recipe you just dump in your ingredients then drop this pan on the smoker or into the oven. There is not much prep work involved which makes this so easy when you have a bunch of other things to make or prepare for.
This recipe post is all about Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip – a crowd favorite appetizer with a cream cheese base that’s loaded with lots of cheese, hot sauce, and southwestern flare. You and your loved ones will adore this recipe!
Key Ingredients for Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Buffalo Sauce – the base for this dip, it adds lots of good vinegary tang with a kick of heat
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing – your preference! This will be debated greatly 🙂
- Rotisserie Chicken – I use a whole chicken from Costco for this recipe. If your chickens are small I’d buy two
- Cream Cheese – a softened block of cream cheese for the creamy base.
- Shredded Cheese – use whichever melty cheeses you prefer here; colby jack, cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack, etc.
- Rotel Diced Tomatoes – one can of your favorite Rotel, drained well.
- Corn – I used 5 ears of corn, cut fresh off the cob.
- Pickled Jalapeños – drained pickled jalapeños for a tangy kick without a lot of added heat.
- Chips, Crackers or Baguette – whatever you prefer for dipping!
How to Make Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip:
Step 1: Start by prepping the few ingredients that you need to; debone chicken and slice the corn off the cob. Heat the smoker to 250 degrees.
Step 2: Add all of the ingredients in a 9×13 aluminum pan and place over indirect heat for one hour. After an hour, it should be smooth enough to easily combine. Mix it well until smooth and evenly combined.
Step 3: Top the buffalo chicken dip with more cheese and continue smoking for another 30-45 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted. Enjoy with chips, crackers, or baguette.
How to Turn a Charcoal Grill into a Smoker:
Looking for More Party Foods?
Did you love this smoked buffalo chicken dip recipe? Be sure to comment below with any questions or feedback. Don’t forget to tag me on IG with any photos; @BadBatchBaking and use #BadBatchBaking
Southwestern Smoked Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 whole large rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 cup buffalo wing sauce Moore's preferred
- 1 cup ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing
- 3 cups shredded cheese, divided in half cheddar, pepper jack, colby jack, etc.
- 5 ears corn, sliced off the cob about 2 cups
- 1 10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes drained well
- 2/3 cup pickled jalapenos drained and chopped
- serving: celery stalks, tortilla chips, crackers or baguettes
- Start by prepping the few ingredients that you need to; debone chicken and slice the corn off the cob. Heat the smoker to 250 degrees. (**See Notes for oven instructions)
- Add all of the ingredients (just 1.5 cups of the cheese) in a 9x13 aluminum pan and place over indirect heat for one hour. After an hour, it should be smooth enough to easily combine. Mix it well until smooth and evenly combined.
- Top the buffalo chicken dip with remaining cheese and continue smoking for another 30-45 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted. Enjoy with chips, crackers, or baguette.