This post is all about how to make this super easy chocolate oreo cake with just using 3-ingredients! This super simple hack is a game-changer for desserts, especially when needing an easy last minute idea.
A delicious fluffy, moist, and perfectly dense cake made with just 3-ingredients sounds too good to be true. But this chocolate oreo cake is truly so easy and only requires crushed oreos, baking powder, and milk!
If you are intimidated by baking, feel overwhelmed by traditional cake or brownie recipes, or maybe you just want to throw together a super easy dessert in a hurry – this recipe is for you!
You can make this tasty deep dish cake that I’ve shown in the pictures, or you can serve this cake al a mode with ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate ganache drizzle and crushed Oreos.
This post is all about how to make the easiest 3-ingredients chocolate Oreo cake.
What is this 3-ingredient chocolate Oreo cake?
This recipe is true to it’s name, my chocolate Oreo cake only requires three ingredients to make a truly tasty and impressive cake that everyone will love!
All you need is 3 ingredients: Oreos, Milk, Baking Powder.
How to Make This 3-Ingredient Chocolate Oreo Cake?
It starts by pulsing Oreos in a food processor or blender to a fine crumb. Then drop them into a medium bowl and add baking powder and milk. Whisk together until it’s smooth and pour into a prepared baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
Just like magic, you will open your oven to find a fluffy, delicious looking cake and wonder why you haven’t been doing this for years!?
If you want to serve this up in individual ramekins for deep dish cakes, you’ll need a few extra ingredients. Whipping and sugar for the homemade whipped cream, and for the ganache – chocolate chips and warmed whipping cream.
Ingredients Needed for this Chocolate Oreo Cake:
Chocolate Oreo Cake:
Heavy whipping cream
Sugar (granulated or powdered sugar)
Oreo crumbs – optional
Chocolate chips (a good brand preferred for better taste)
Heavy whipping cream
Looking for other delicious dessert recipes? Check these out:
Tried This? Be sure to tag @BadBatchBaking and use #badbatchbaking on IG so I can be sure to share it in my story. I look forward to your questions/comments below.
Easy 3-Ingredient Chocolate Oreo Cake
3-Ingredient Chocolate Oreo Cake
- 3 cups Oreos, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sugar granulated or powdered
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 2 tbsp crushed oreos, optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips good quality
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Oreo crumbs, chocolate jimmies (sprinkles)
Chocolate Oreo Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine crushed oreos with baking powder and milk. Whisk until smooth. Pour into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper (or sprayed with non-stick spray). Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the heavy cream until it starts to thicken, then add sugar and vanilla. Continue to whisk until stiff peaks form. I prefer a hand mixer for this step but you can do it by hand. You can add a few spoonfuls of crushed oreos for a crunchy texture, just stir them in once cream is whipped.
- Add chocolate chips to a heat safe bowl. Heat heavy cream in the microwave for 1 minute or until it begins to simmer, then pour cream over the chocolate chips and allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes so the chocolate starts to melt. Whisk it until smooth.
- Portion the cakes into ramekins. Smooth a layer of whipped cream over the top of the cake and set in the freezer for a few minutes (I do this step while I make the ganache). Then add the ganache on top, smoothing over. Add chocolate sprinkles or crushed oreos on top.