Buffalo Chicken Taquitos are crispy out the outside with warm oozing buffalo chicken dip and lots of gooey cheese in the center. These handheld appetizers will disappear quickly from your next gathering or football party.
These buffalo chicken taquitos aren’t the usual take on taquitos but they are our new favorite. Usually you find taquitos stuffed with shredded beef or chicken and deep fried and dipped in guacamole, sour cream and salsa.
Not only do these buffalo chicken taquitos make great appetizers for gathering (they are even great at room temp) but these make a great easy weekday meal and kids love them! My buffalo chicken dip filling isn’t spicy since it has ranch dressing and cream cheese. It balances out the tangy buffalo sauce.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- Make Buffalo Chicken Dip – prepare the dip in a large bowl by combining cream cheese, ranch, buffalo sauce, and shredded cheese. Mix well until it’s smooth and set aside while frying the shells.
- Fry the Shells – we will pan fry the shells in a 1/4 inch of oil over medium-low for 1 minute per side until they bubble up slightly.
- Stuff and Roll – Add a scoop of buffalo chicken dip to the shells and add extra cheese. Roll up and place seam side down until pan-frying.
- Pan Fry Taquitos – wipe out any excess oil in the pan and place taquitos seam side down (as many as can fit in the pan). Cook on medium-low, about 4 minutes per side until crispy and browned on all sides.
Key Ingredients in Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
These buffalo chicken taquitos couldn’t be easier to make. You just whip up the base with five ingredients, stuff the shells, add cheese, roll ’em up and fry them. Here are the key ingredients you’ll need:
Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese
Shredded Cheese Blend
Looking for More Party Foods?
I hope you enjoy these buffalo chicken taquitos. Be sure to comment below with any questions or feedback! If you make these or any other recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG @BadBatchBaking to be featured on my story. Seeing your recreations makes my day!
Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- 1 block cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup creamy ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing
- 2/3 cup Moore’s buffalo sauce
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese blend cheddar and mozzarella
- 8 oz block colby jack cheese cut into 1/4” pieces length-wise
- 16 corn tortillas
- Oil enough for pan frying
- Blue cheese or ranch for serving
Prep Buffalo Chicken Dip
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, ensuring its soft enough to incorporate into the buffalo dip without being big lumps. Add in the ranch dressing and buffalo sauce, stirring to combined. Mix in the chicken and shredded cheese. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble taquitos.
Pan Fry Shells
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. You’ll know oil is at optimal heat when small bubbles form around a wooden spoon inserted into the oil. Pan fry the shells two at a time, about 1 minute per side or until the tortilla starts to bubble up. They should still be pliable.
- Place cooked shells on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Place a scoop of the buffalo chicken dip into the shell, top with a strip of colby jack cheese and roll up. Repeat with remaining taquitos.
- Pan fry the taquitos seam-side down in a skillet over medium-low heat (no oil is needed since there is enough in the shells). Cook about 4 minutes on all sides until crispy.
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch.