Buffalo Chicken Alfredo uses perfectly seasoned pan-seared chicken, tender fettucini noodles all coated in a garlicky buffalo creamy alfredo sauce. This showstopper is thrown together in under 30 minutes.
This quick and easy buffalo chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe is the ultimate comfort food and it’s better than anything you can get at a pasta restaurant chain. The velvety smooth alfredo sauce tastes gourmet but it’s truly simple and easy to make. The buffalo sauce adds a kick of heat but the cream balances it out making it palatable for kids too!
Buffalo Chicken Alfredo Recipe
This Buffalo Chicken Alfredo Pasta recipe you have 3 main components:
- Pasta: Long flat noodles like fettucini or linguini works too. Of course, you are welcome to use any pasta in your pantry (no one will complain). Make sure to salt your pasta water as it comes to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente.
- Chicken: The chicken breasts are sliced into cutlets and seasoned well with my homemade spice blend then pan seared for the perfect golden crust. It’s then sliced up after resting and tossed into the alfredo cream sauce, making it even more tender.
- Alfredo Sauce: I use my favorite homemade alfredo sauce which includes lots of garlic, parmesan, heavy cream and half and half, and buffalo sauce. In this recipe, I used a creamy buffalo dressing which made the sauce velvety smooth but regular buffalo sauce works great too.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Alfredo
With just a few easy steps you can be making this dreamy addictive pasta for dinner!
Step 1: Pan Sear the Chicken – We’ll get the chicken tenderized and seasoned up well, then pan fry it in the same skillet we’ll be preparing the sauce, so be sure to choose a larger skillet. I like a 15″ Lodge Cast Iron for this recipe. At this point I like to get my pasta water on the stove over high heat, being sure to salt the water.
Cook the chicken in an oiled skillet over medium-high for a few minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and tent with foil to rest before dicing.
Step 2: Prep the Sauce – In the same skillet, add butter and allow it to melt, then add the garlic and allow it to cook until fragrant. Then we’ll add in our cream and half and half, followed by the buffalo sauce. I used Kraft Buffalo Dressing to impart a velvety texture, but you can also just use Frank’s Red Hot or your favorite buffalo sauce. Whisk it to combine and allow it to simmer to thicken while you cook noodles.
Then add grated parmesan cheese. Be sure to taste the sauce to adjust any spices as needed after buffalo sauce and parmesan have been added as they contain lots of sodium.
Step 2: Cook the Pasta – Into the boiling salted water add in your fettucini noodles and cook them to al dente. Use a large slotted spoon or large skimmer to transfer the noodles from the water directly into the pan of sauce.
Add 1/3 cup of pasta water in the sauce along with the pasta. Add in diced up chicken and toss well until everything is evenly coated. Top with a more parmesan cheese and minced parsley before serving.
Tips for Perfect Buffalo Alfredo:
- DON’T over-season since parmesan and buffalo sauce contain a lot of sodium, I recommend not adding any salt until all ingredients have been added to the sauce. Otherwise you may end up with an alfredo that’s too salty.
- DO be sure to salt the pasta water it is very important to add salt into the pasta water before adding the pasta. This imparts so much flavor into the noodles.
- DON’T throw out pasta water before you add some of it to the alfredo sauce.
- DO use fresh garlic instead of garlic from a jar or squeeze tub. It has a much purer garlicky flavor that can’t be beat by the processed stuff.
Tools I Love
Looking for More Comfort Foods?
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for my creamy dreamy Buffalo Chicken Alfredo. Be sure to comment below with any questions or feedback! If you make these or any other recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG @BadBatchBaking to be featured on my story. Seeing your recreations makes my day!
Buffalo Chicken Alfredo
- 1 lb. fettucini pasta
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast or tenders my seasoning blend listed in the notes
- 6 tbsp butter
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half and half or milk
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup buffalo dressing or buffalo sauce
- 3/4 cup parmesan, divided
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- Pan fry chicken in the same skillet you'll prepare the sauce, so be sure to choose a larger skillet. At this point I like to get my pasta water on the stove over high heat, being sure to salt the water.
- Cook the chicken in an oiled skillet over medium-high for a few minutes on each side until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and tent with foil to rest before dicing.
- Reduce heat to medium and in the same skillet, add butter and allow it to melt. Then add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Then add in cream and half and half, followed by the buffalo sauce and italian seasoning and pepper.
- Add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese into the sauce. Whisk it to combine and allow it to simmer to thicken while you cook noodles. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Into the boiling salted water add in your fettucini noodles and cook them to al dente. Use a large slotted spoon or skimmer to transfer the noodles from the water directly into the alfredo sauce.
- Add 1/3 cup of pasta water in the sauce along with the pasta. Add in diced up chicken and toss well until everything is evenly coated. Top with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and minced parsley before serving.
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper