Make these cheesy cheddar bacon ranch slow cooker chicken and potatoes in a slow cooker for an easy one pot meal you can set and forget and everyone will LOVE!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
This slow cooker chicken and potatoes recipe is for all my loaded baked potato fans out there. Lovers of ranch, cheddar, chives, sour cream, and smokey crisp bacon. You’ll adore how easy this recipe is and how little prep is required. This can be a complete meal on its own, or add some steamed or roasted carrots, broccoli, or your favorite veggie as a side.
These chicken and potatoes are a hearty dish that most everyone will adore, even picky kids. This dish is full of so much flavor with melt-in-your-mouth potatoes, tons of stringy cheese, and tender chicken chunks making this comforting bowl taste like lots of effort went into it.
Key Ingredients in Slow Cooker Chicken & Potatoes
Red Potatoes (russet potatoes or Yukon gold can be used instead)
cut into chunks and seasoned up well.
Dice up chicken into 1″ pieces. You can use breast, tenders, or thighs.
Ranch Dressing & Seasoning
This is a key ingredient for this recipe for the ranch flavor and tenderness. For additional ranch flavors we use the powdered seasoning as well on the chicken and potatoes.
Salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, fresh garlic and chives.
Parmesan, cheddar, and mozzarella are added toward the end and melted over the chicken and potatoes.
Crispy bacon diced up and tossed over the top of melted cheeses.
How to Make Cheddar Ranch Chicken & Potatoes
Dice potatoes into 1″ pieces and add to the slow cooker. Dice chicken and season everything up and toss with ranch dressing. Add butter cubes and garlic. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Toss the chicken and potatoes together. Spoon out excess liquid, leaving some behind is ok. Add in sour cream and ranch dressing, cook another 30-45 minutes. Toss together to incorporate sour cream and ranch.
Top with cheeses, cover and allow to cook until it melts, about 15 minutes. Top with chives and crispy bacon and enjoy.
Tools I Love:
Looking for More Comfort Food Recipes:
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for my cheddar, bacon, ranch slow-cooker chicken and potatoes. Be sure to comment below with any questions or feedback! If you make these or any other recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG @BadBatchBaking to be featured on my story. Seeing your recreations makes my day!
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken & Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenders thighs work too
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing, divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 5 strips bacon, cooked crispy and diced
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- Dice potatoes into 1" pieces and add to the slow cooker. Dice chicken into 2" pieces and add to the slow cooker. Add in all the seasonings and 1/2 cup ranch dressing then toss the chicken and potatoes until well incorporated. Add butter cubes and garlic. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Toss the chicken and potatoes and spoon out 1/3 cup of excess liquid (leaving some behind is ok). Add in sour cream and remaining 1/3 cup ranch dressing. Return the lid and cook another 30-45 minutes so the sour cream warms through. Toss together to incorporate sour cream and ranch.
- Top with all three cheeses, cover and allow to cook until it melts, about 15 minutes. Top with chives and crispy bacon and enjoy.