Caramel apple dip is a 5-ingredient whipped creamy dessert dip that just takes a few ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make. This dip is then smothered in a thick layer of thick decadent caramel sauce and topped off with toffee chunks. You can serve this dip with seasonal farm fresh apples, graham crackers, or vanilla wafer cookies.
The caramel apple dip toppings are versatile and if you aren’t a toffee lover, you can substitute that with chopped nuts, chopped chocolate, mini M&M’s or mini Reese’s Pieces.
You’ll slip right into the fall season with the first dip of this addictive easy dessert. It’s perfect for a girls night in, the kiddos, movie nights, football parties, etc.
What is Caramel Apple Dip?
Caramel apple dip is a 5-ingredient creamy dessert dip with a cream cheese base that’s sweetened with brown sugar and a little vanilla extract. It’s then placed in a shallow serving dish and topped with a thick, smooth layer of caramel and a crunchy crumble of toffee pieces (or alternately chopped nuts, m&m’s, etc). Serve it up to a hungry crowd with slices of seasonal juicy, crunchy apples and graham crackers!
Cream cheese – the base of this creamy, dreamy dessert dip.
Brown Sugar – whipped together with cream cheese creates a caramel-like flavor.
Caramel Sauce – I use a better quality brand that’s a bit thicker and richer tasting. Smuckers will be too runny. Try Stonewall Kitchen or Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel (in the tub in the produce aisle).
Toppings – chopped toffee pieces or chopped nuts, chocolate, mini M&M’s or Reese’s Pieces.
How to Make Caramel Apple Dip:
WHIP – Start by whipping together softened cream cheese and brown sugar with a little splash of vanilla. Once it’s smooth, lay that into a small shallow casserole dish.
SPREAD – Spread the top with a thick layer of caramel sauce, spreading evenly so it covers the top.
CRUMBLE – Top the caramel sauce with chopped chocolate toffee pieces (or toppings of your choice) and serve with apples and other dippable items like graham crackers and vanilla wafers.
Tools I Love
Looking for More Yummy Food?
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for my Caramel Apple Dip. I look forward to your questions and feedback below. Please be sure to tag me @BadBatchBaking using hashtag #badbatchbaking if you made this recipe and I will feature you on my story! Plus, I LOVE to see your baking accomplishments.
Toffee Caramel Apple Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 jar caramel sauce choose a thick, quality variety. Not a runny caramel "topping".
- topping: chopped chocolate toffee (Symphony, Heath, etc). you can also use chopped nuts, mini M&M's, mini Reese's Pieces, etc.
- serving: apple slices, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, etc.
- In a medium bowl, start by whipping together softened cream cheese and brown sugar with a little splash of vanilla. Once it's completely smooth, spread that into a small shallow 5x7 casserole dish.
- Spread a thick layer of caramel sauce over the top of the dip, spreading evenly so it covers the creamy layer.
- Top the caramel with chopped chocolate toffee pieces (or toppings of your choice) and serve alongside apples and other dippable items like graham crackers and vanilla wafers. Stores well in the fridge for up to 3 days, just wrap tightly.