The BEST Chuy's Creamy Jalapeno Copycat Recipe
The famous creamy jalapeno dip from Chuy's can be easily made a home with a few quick steps. The sauce is a ranch base, loaded with zesty lime juice, tangy pickled jalapenos and cilantro.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 dry ranch seasoning packet - 1 oz. Hidden Valley or similar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pickled Jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons juice from pickled Jalapenos
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves, large stems removed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
In a food processor (or blender works too), puree cilantro leaves with the pickled jalapenos and their juice. Puree until mostly smooth, scraping down the sides a few times.
Put the mayo and sour cream in a mixing bowl. Add the ranch packet, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well to combine.
Pour cilantro mix directly into the sour cream mixture. Stir to combine. Add lime juice, then add in buttermilk a little at a time until you reach desired consistency.
Store in a mason jar or a bowl tightly sealed. Refrigerate up to five days. Best served chilled so they flavors have time to meld together.