Southern Fried Chicken Sliders Cheesecake Factory Copycat Recipe
Servings: 4 appetizer servings (3 sliders per)
Southern Fried Chicken
- 2-3 cups peanut oil enough for frying in 1" of oil
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika regular paprika works as well
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 classic white slider buns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- green leaf lettuce served on the side
- 2 Roma tomato, sliced served on the side
- 24 dill pickle slices 2 per slider
- Thousand Island dressing served on the side
Coat the Chicken
In a shallow baking dish or zip top bag, combine flour, powdered sugar, paprika, and season well with salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, whisk together egg whites and milk.
Remove chicken from marinade and drain well. Place the chicken into the flour mixture, shaking off excess flour, submerge into the milk mixture, and then back into the flour mixture. Again, shaking off excess breading. Place onto a plate and continue with remaining chicken.
Heat oil to 350 degrees or over medium-high heat. Cook 2-3 pieces at a time, being sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook until golden browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Place chicken onto a cooling rack with paper towels placed underneath rack to catch oil.
Lightly butter each side of the slider buns and toast over low heat in a pan until edges are golden brown.
Place one piece of chicken on the toasted bun and top with two pickles. Serve with a side of Thousand Island dressing and lettuce and tomato slices.