Peanut Paradise Tropical Smoothie Copycat Recipe
Peanut butter and bananas are the star of this refreshing and healthy smoothie! Make this Tropical Smoothie copycat recipe at home today to save time and money!
Servings: 1 smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of your choice (dairy, oat, etc.)
- 3/4 cup non-fat yogurt I use greek yogurt but you can use regular yogurt as well.
- 1 whole banana, preferably frozen in chunks *see notes
- 2 tablespoons natural crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tsp honey or turbinado sugar or use a sugar replacement of your choice
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 cup crushed ice
Place the ingredients into the blender starting with the milk and working down the list ending with ice. Blend on high until smooth.
If your bananas are room temp, you may need a little more ice to build up the smoothie texture. Adjust as needed to get the desired thickness.
- Tropical Smoothie uses 2 bananas in this smoothie (and a bunch of turbinado sugar), hence the 700 calories. I have found that using a milk instead of water (like they use) helps make up for some of the creaminess lost by only using 1 banana.
- I keep a bunch of bananas in my freezer at all times and I recommend this if you make smoothies frequently. I peel them, break each banana into 4 equal sized pieces and pile them into a gallon zip top bag and keep in the freezer. If they get a little stuck together when you go to use them, just give the bag a whack on the counter to break them up.