The Best Five Guys Burger Copycat Recipe
This is the best Five Guys burger copycat recipe with the signature gooey cheesy center!
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 Schweid & Sons hamburger patties two per burger
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns I used Martin's Famous
- Kraft Deli Deluxe american cheese slices
- seasoning salt I use Lawry's or Morton's
- cracked pepper
- hot sauce
- lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles
- grilled onions they saute them in clarified butter
- mushrooms they saute them in clarified butter
- bacon pro tip: chop them small and put between cheese slices
Cook the burgers
Place 1-2 burgers face down on the hot skillet (or as many as you can fit into your pan without them overlapping, cooking in batches). Season the exposed side with additional seasoning salt and pepper. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
While the burger is cooking, toast the buns (no butter or oil) by placing them face down in a separate skillet over medium low. They are done when they are barely toasted, not brown.
Flip the burger and press down hard (yes, this is how Five Guys does it). NOTE - You should see a dark brown sear on the top of the burger you flipped — if not, increase your heat on the next burger. Cook for another 3-5 minutes depending on your preferred doneness.
Remove burger from the heat, place one piece of cheese on top each patty. Then stack two patties, cheese to cheese. This is the Five Guys signature!