Bananas, almond butter and blueberries pair perfectly to create this delicious and fulfilling smoothie. It’s fruity without being too sweet with lots of nuttiness!
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries (Whole Foods uses frozen Wyman’s Wild Blueberries)
- 1 cup frozen banana chunks
- 1–2 tablespoons natural almond butter
- Optional: Vanilla protein powder and/or Collagen Peptides
- Optional: 1/2 cup crushed ice
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients in the order they are listed (starting with the almond milk and ending with the ice).
- Blend on high to ensure the ingredients are smooth and fully combined. I usually do two passes on my Ninja “Smoothie” setting.
I usually keep ziplock bags full of frozen banana pieces in my freezer at all times. As soon as I get the bananas home from the store, I break or cut them into 1-2 inch pieces and through them into a baggy. This way they are always ready to go! If they get stuck together, just give the bag a good whack.