Deliciously flavorful smoothie packed with wholesome superfoods and protein!
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 roasted banana – but room temp or cold (1 tablespoon of coconut oil or butter for roasting)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped or shaved almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 pitted medjool date, chopped
- 1.25 cups of crushed ice
- Squeeze of honey to taste
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a small baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Cut the banana(s) in half, then cut diagonal lengthwise (as shown in the photo). You should end up with a quartered banana. Lay banana pieces flat on baking dish and add small knobs of butter or coconut oil on top of the banana. Roast for 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Allow bananas to cool completely before making smoothie. You can also freeze roasted bananas as well for future usage.
In a blender, combine all ingredients starting with the almond milk and ending with crushed ice. Blend on a medium-high speed until smooth and no chunks of banana, dates or almond remain. Serve immediately.
Be sure that the roasted banana is not still warm otherwise it will melt the ice in your smoothie and the texture will not form
You can add the ice in portions until the desired smoothie texture is formed. I prefer my smoothie a little on the thicker side, so you can use less ice if you like a thinner smoothie.
Keywords: Smoothie, Protein