Happy New Years to everyone! I am back with another smoothie recipe inspired by one of my favorites from Tropical Smoothie Café, the Triple Berry Oat Smoothie. This copycat recipe is delicious and I swear, remaking these at home just tastes better!
This Triple Berry Oat Smoothie is packed with:
- Strawberries: protect your heart, increase HDL (good) cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, and guard against cancer. Packed with vitamins, fiber, and particularly high levels of antioxidants known as polyphenols, strawberries are a sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, low-calorie food.
- Blueberries: are believed to have one of the highest antioxidant levels of all common fruits and vegetables. Antioxidants protect your body from free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can damage your cells and contribute to aging and diseases, such as cancer.
- Flax Seed: The nutrients in flaxseed include lignans, antioxidants, fiber, protein, and polyunsaturated fatty acids such as alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), or omega-3. Consuming these nutrients may help lower the risk of various conditions.
- Cranberry concentrate: is rich in vitamin C, which helps keep your immune system healthy and functioning properly. It fights against oxidative stress from free radicals and helps kill harmful bacteria. Some studies also link low vitamin C intake to poor immune function.
- Oats: are a natural superfood because they are 100% whole grain with minimal processing, and contain vitamins, minerals and fiber. Oats are unique in that they are one of the richest sources of beta-glucan, a soluble fiber that can help lower cholesterol reabsorption.
My Favorites Smoothie Essentials:
Have you tried some of my other Tropical Smoothie Recipes?
Tropical Smoothie Kiwi Quencher Copycat Recipe
Chia Banana Boost (Max) Tropical Smoothie Copycat Recipe
Peanut Paradise Tropical Smoothie Copycat Recipe
I look forward to your questions and feedback. Please be sure to tag me @BadBatchBaking using hashtag #badbatchbaking if you made this recipe and I will feature you on my story! Plus, I LOVE to see your baking accomplishments!
Triple Berry Oat Tropical Smoothie Copycat Recipe
One of the most popular "Supercharged" smoothies on the Tropical Smoothie menu. This recipe is very easy and tastest exactly like Tropical Smoothie. As always review the recipe notes to ensure a perfect smoothie!!
Servings: 1 smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice TS uses water
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries 1/2 cup if berries are fresh or thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup cranberry concentrate juice regular cranberry juice also works but contains more sugar
- 1/4 cup oats quick oats or old fashioned
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed whole flax seeds work also but add different texture
- 1 scoop multi-vitamin (optional)
- 1 squeeze sweetener or substitute (optional - TS uses Splenda)
- about 10 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender in order of the ingredient list, adding only half the ice cubes. Blend until smooth. Add remaining ice if needed and continue to blend until smooth. Taste test and adjust sweetness if needed. Enjoy!
If you prefer less texture in your smoothie, you can start by putting your oats (and whole flax seeds if using) in the blender first, and blend them alone for 30 seconds until they are ground. Then add remaining ingredients and blend. Tropical Smoothie uses frozen fruit that has been defrosted so that can impact their flavors somewhat.