One of the best menu items at Red Robin is the Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich and today I am making a copycat recipe for this super easy, but incredibly flavorful, juicy, and craveable sandwich.
Red Robin is one of my favorite casual dining burger chains. It’s consistent, clean, has awesome food, freckled lemonade, booze and shakes, but most importantly – bottomless fries. I mean, fries are arguably the best “vegetable” out there. So I’ll take another basket-full please 🙂
I’ve loved this place since I was a kid. Unfortunately there aren’t many locations in the southeast so my days of going to Red Robin are far and few between. Our closest location being 50 miles away, but when we do get to go, it’s a nostalgic treat for me! After my recent trip (awesome as always), I was reminded of how much I love their menu and decided to recreate some of my favorites at home. So be on the lookout for some of my other Red Robin copycat recipes coming soon!
What is a Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich from Red Robin?
The Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich is an easy to make, juicy, moist chicken breast marinated in teriyaki sauce (store-bought or homemade) and grilled to perfection. Then topped with the most notable ingredient – grilled pineapple slices. The combination of the sweet and savory is fantastic in this sandwich. So much juicy flavor, dripping teriyaki sauce, the essence of the grill, combined with the crisp fresh vegetables and creamy mayo. What’s not to love?
If you haven’t tried this sandwich, it’s surely a winner for your family and one of the most popular items on the Red Robin menu.
How to Assemble the Sandwich:
This sandwich is rather simple but the assembly is key for the perfect bite and makes for one beautiful, appetizing sandwich that is gorgeous to look at:
- Bottom Bun: Adding a good amount of mayo to the bottom bun
- Chicken, Teriyaki, Swiss: Then place the warm chicken, drizzle with a dash of teriyaki sauce, then add swiss.
- Pineapple: Place two pineapple rings,
- Tomato & Lettuce: then two slices of tomatoes, followed by a good handful of shredded romaine lettuce.
- Top Bun: Spread mayo evenly across the top bun, then secure it to the top of the sandwich
Pictured in this post, I’ve paired the Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich with the Red Robin steak fries seasoned with Red Robin seasoning salt. I found both at Walmart. You can also use a generic frozen steak fry and Morton’s, Lawry’s or Lloyd’s seasoning salt instead if you can’t find the Red Robin version. You can find it on Amazon here
Looking for other delish copycat recipes?
Prince’s Nashville Hot Chicken Copycat Recipe
The Travis Scott Burger Copycat Recipe
The Best Five Guys Burger Copycat Recipe
Olive Garden Chicken Alfredo Pizza Fritta Copycat Recipe
McDonald’s Chicken McGriddle Copycat Recipe
KFC Chicken Littles Copycat Recipe
Popeye’s Famous Chicken Sandwich Recipe
CPK Cauliflower Buffalo Bites Copycat Recipe
Cheesecake Factory Southern Fried Chicken Sliders
I look forward to your questions and feedback below. Please be sure to tag me @BadBatchBaking using hashtag #badbatchbaking if you made this recipe and I will feature you on my story! Plus, I LOVE to see your baking accomplishments.
Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich Red Robin Copycat
- 4 sesame seed burger buns I used Martin's
- 1 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts evenly pounded to 1/2" thick for tenderness
- 8 slices Swiss deli
- 8 pineapple slices (rings)
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1.5 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonaisse
- optional - Red Robin frozen steak fries + seasoning salt
- Place prepared chicken in a large zip top bag or bowl with 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce. Place pineapple slices in a separate zip top bag or bowl with 1/4 cup teriyaki. Marinate both for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- **Heat grill to medium high, about 400 degrees, and oil the grates. Put the chicken breasts onto the grill in a single layer, directly over the heat. Leaving the lid off, grill for about 4 minutes per side (until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees). Remove chicken and tent with foil to rest for 10 minutes. Add pineapple to grill, directly over heat for about 1-2 minutes per side to get some good grill marks.
- To assemble each sandwich start with: Adding a good amount of mayo to the bottom bun Then place the warm chicken, drizzle with a dash of teriyaki sauce, then add swiss. Place two pineapple rings, then two slices of tomatoes, followed by a good handful of shredded romaine lettuce. Spread mayo evenly across the top bun, then secure it to the top of the sandwich.
- Serve sandwiches with seasoned steak fries for the full Red Robin experience.
MollieApril 18, 2022 at 10:53 pm Can’t wait to try!!! Love the Red Robin Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich with the pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce dripping down my face when I eat it such a messy sandwich.
badbatchApril 19, 2022 at 2:16 am Hahaha same here! And now you can make it anytime at home and make a mess in private 😂 you’ll have to tell me how you like it!