This recipe is all about how to make the perfect barbie drink recipes for all your Barbie festivities. This hot pink syrup can be used in a variety of cocktails and mocktails.
We are making a Barbie drink cocktail that’s perfectly pink for all your Barbie festivities. It’s just as refreshing and delicious without the vodka too!
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this Barbie drink! Lemons, dragonfruit, sugar, vodka, and sparkling water.
Using pink dragonfruit as a natural way to create the perfect hot pink syrup. This homemade pink simple syrup doesn’t use any food coloring and you can use it to make a variety of cocktails and cocktails. It’s great for kids and adults!
This recipe post is all about how to make a spiked pink lemonade Barbie drink!
Key Ingredients in this Barbie Drink:
- Pink Frozen Dragonfruit – found in the frozen section of most supermarkets. Here is a link on where to find it.
- Sugar – granulated sugar is used for the homemade simple syrup
- Lemons – fresh squeezed lemons for this recipe.
- Pink Lemonade Vodka – regular Vodka will work too.
- Sparkling Water – I used Limoncello La Croix, any variation of your choosing will do.
- Sanding Sugar or Salt – for the rim of the glass. I used pink sanding sugar.
How to Make this Hot Pink Barbie Drink:
Step 1: We’ll make our simple syrup by combining equal parts water and granulated sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the dragonfruit and bring to a low boil. I like to use a potato masher to lightly smash the dragon fruit pieces. Cook at a low boil for just 2 minutes. If you cook it longer it will lose it’s vibrant color. Transfer to a glass bowl with a fine mesh strainer to separate all the solids. Allow it to cool at room temp. I make this the day ahead usually, but put it in the fridge/freezer for rapid cooling.
Step 2: Place sanding sugar in a shallow dish. Rub the rim of each glass with a lemon wedge and rotate your glass to add sanding sugar on the rim. Add ice cubes, then fresh squeezed lemon juice, followed by the vodka, dragonfruit simple syrup, and top it off with sparkling water. I like to serve it with slices of lemon and cute girly straws.
Where to Find Pink Dragonfruit:
You can find Pitaya Frozen Dragon Fruit pieces and smoothie packets at most grocery stores in the frozen section. Pay close attention to whether it’s white or pink dragonfruit. Only the pink variation will work in this recipe.
This Hot Pink Syrup is Versatile:
The key to this hot pink drink is the dragonfruit simple syrup. This syrup can be used in any drink of choice, from just adding a dash to sparkling water, for mocktails, or making your favorite cocktail with it!
Tools I Love:
Looking for More Fun Recipes?
I hope you enjoyed this Barbie Drink recipe! I look forward to your questions and feedback. Please be sure to tag me @BadBatchBaking using hashtag #badbatchbaking if you made this recipe and I will feature you on my story! Plus, I LOVE to see your baking accomplishments!
Spiked Pink Lemonade Barbie Drink
Hot Pink Simple Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2/3 cup frozen dragonfruit chunks
Spiked Pink Lemonade
- 2 cups ice cubes divided among 4 glasses
- 3 lemons Two for squeezing, one for slicing
- 2 cans sparkling water lemon/limoncello flavor
- 1 cup pink lemonade vodka regular vodka works too
- sanding sugar for the rim
- Combine equal parts water and granulated sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the dragonfruit and bring to a low boil. Use a potato masher to lightly smash the dragon fruit pieces. Cook at a low boil for just 2 minutes. If you cook it longer it will lose it's vibrant color. Transfer to a glass bowl over a fine mesh strainer to separate all the solids. Discard the solids. Allow the syrup to cool to room temp. Place in the fridge/freezer for rapid cooling.
- Place sanding sugar in a shallow dish. Rub the rim of each glass with a lemon wedge and rotate your glass to add sanding sugar on the rim. To each glass add: ice cubes, juice from 1/2 a lemon, 2 ounces vodka, 1 oz. dragonfruit simple syrup, and top it off with sparkling water. Serve with slices of lemon and cute girly straws.