class="at-above-post addthis_tool" data-url="http://badbatchbaking.com/recipe/tart-cherry-almond-chocolate-cookies/">
Tart Cherry Almond Chocolate Cookies (Kathleen King Remixed)
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
|Total time||20 minutes|
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons salt (ee)
- 2 1/2 sticks butter, room temp (1 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg, large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cups Bittersweet chocolate chunks/chips (+ extra for topping)
- 3/4 cups milk chocolate chunks/chips (+ extra for topping)
- 3/4 cups almonds, chopped (unsalted)
- 2/3 cups dried or fresh cherries, chopped (juice strained out/patted dry if using fresh cherries)
|Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with nonstick spray. |
In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugars. Beat for a few minutes until the butter is light in color and very fluffy. Add the egg and both extracts and mix together. Add the flour mixture and continue mixing until just combined.
Add the dark and milk chocolates, cherries and almonds and mix until combined. Using a small ice cream scoop, drop the dough two inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Around 7 minutes, remove from the oven and top with more chocolate chunks, then return to the oven to finish baking. When finished, remove from the oven and allow cookies to set-up and cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to cooling rack.