class="at-above-post addthis_tool" data-url="http://badbatchbaking.com/recipe/best-ever-biscoff-cookie-butter-cupcakes/">
Best-Ever Biscoff Cookie Butter Cupcakes
- 8oz Philadelphia cream cheese (softened)
Cookie Butter Cupcakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 8 tablespoons Biscoff cookie butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs (room temp - you can stick them in a bowl of hot water for 3 mins to achieve this)
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk (room temp)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Biscoff cookie butter
Cupcake bottom & Garnish
- 24 Biscoff cookie, cut into halves
- 12 Biscoff cookies, crushed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (approx 1/2 cup, add in spoonfuls at a time until desired sweetness is achieved)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
|Cookie Butter Cupcakes|
|Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake tray with 24 liners and place halved cookies into the bottom of each liner.|
|In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Set aside. |
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, cookie butter and sugars together until fluffy (about 2-3 mins). Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides and bottom of the mixing bowl as you go.
|Alternately add the flour and buttermilk into the egg mixture, starting and ending with flour. Be careful to not over mix batter. |
Using a 1/3 cup measure, divide the batter between liners, filling about 3/4 full.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
|(before you fill cupcakes, place a metal mixing bowl and whisk into the freezer for 20 minutes so it helps the cream to form quicker.) |
Once the cupcakes have cooled a bit, place the cookie butter into a piping bag with a tip of your choice, and insert into the center of the cupcakes and fill - squeezing as you lift up and out of the cupcake.
|Whipped Cream Topping|
|In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until light and aerated (about 4 minutes). |
Remove the chilled mixing bowl and add the two cups of whipping cream. Beat until soft peaks are formed. Scrape in the cream cheese, powdered sugar (to taste) and vanilla extract and continue to beat until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
|Frosting and Garnish|
|Place frosting in a piping bag fitted with a Wilton Star tip (or tip of your choice). Swirl the whipped cream onto each cupcake. |
Upon serving, use a spoon to sprinkle the crushed Biscoff cookies atop each cupcake, then add a halved cookie.
Store in the refrigerator.