Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta is a creamy cheesy pasta that the whole family will love. It’s full of tender chunks of chicken breast, lots of parmesan, and the garlicky homemade cream sauce just oozes out of the penne pasta.
This is another great weeknight meal that’s so easy to throw together in a big skillet. If you’re looking for a recipe you can set-and-forget, I’ve also included instructions on how you can easily make this in a crockpot.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta has become very popular on TikTok. Typically, it uses a premade bottle of Buffalo Wild Wings garlic parmesan sauce but in this recipe, we make our garlic parm sauce from scratch – the same famous recipe that blew up on social media for my Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers. Using this sauce yields a much more flavorful, garlicky flavor with a kick lots of parmesan.
Why You’ll Love Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
This garlic parmesan chicken pasta recipe is for garlic lovers like me! If any recipe calls for a few cloves of garlic, I am sure to double the quantity. In this recipe, we use at least 6 large cloves of garlic (more if they are small cloves). Here’s why you’ll adore this recipe:
- Garlic lovers unite – this garlic parmesan pasta is super garlicky!
- Crock-Pot Friendly – you can make this in a big skillet or just throw it in the crock pot!
- Super easy – nothing fussy about this recipe or the cooking method. It’s easy for beginners and seasoned cooks alike.
- Amazing smells – there is nothing better than your home filled with herby comfort food smells that linger.
- Comforting – is there anything cozier than a bowl of creamy, cheesy pasta? This is the ultimate comfort food dish.
Here is a list of ingredients for this incredibly flavorful garlic parmesan chicken pasta. Be sure to read through the recipe card for a full detailed list as well as measurements.
Butter – the base of the garlic parmesan sauce
Parmesan – grated or shredded parmesan for the garlic parmesan sauce and a little extra for topping at the end.
Garlic – I use 6 large cloves or about 10 small cloves, minced of course.
Chicken – chicken tenders or chicken breasts.
Penne Pasta – cooked al dente. You can use any pasta of your choice. I love how the penne pasta holds sauce and it oozes out as you bite it.
Cream Cheese & Heavy Cream – for the cream sauce in this recipe we are using a block of softened cream cheese and heavy cream.
Hot sauce and red pepper flakes – for a kick of heat, I use a combination of hot sauce and red pepper flakes.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
You’ll love how easy this recipe is. I pulled this together in just under 30 minutes.
Step 1: Make Easy Garlic Parm Sauce
In a medium bowl add butter and partially melt. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well until smooth.
Step 2: Season & Cook Chicken
Add a few splashes of olive oil to the chicken and rub them down on both sides so the seasonings will stick. Season the chicken well making sure there are no blank spots. You want them well coated. In a skillet over medium, heat oil and cook chicken a few minutes until chicken Is browned.
Flip once, then reduce the heat to low. Add in a heaping spoonful of the garlic parmesan sauce and allow it to melt as chicken cooks, a few more minutes. Toss the chicken in the sauce to coat. Once internal temp reaches 165 degrees, remove chicken and tent with foil to keep warm.
Step 3: Make Cream Sauce
In the same pan, add in the remaining garlic parmesan sauce, followed by the softenend cream cheese cubes. Add in the heavy keep, increasing heat to medium-low. Allow the sauce to heat through until cream cheese has melted. Meanwhile cook penne pasta to al dente in a separate pot. Cut the chicken into chunks and add into the simmering sauce.
Step 4: Assemble Garlic Parm Pasta
Add in a 1/3 cup of pasta water to the sauce and mix well. Then add in the al dente pasta in and stir to combine. I like to add in another handful of parmesan as well as additional minced parsley and red pepper flakes. Serve warm with breadsticks or garlic bread.
Crock Pot Instructions:
Add seasoned chicken into the crockpot. Cover the chicken with the garlic parmesan sauce, cubed cream cheese, and cream. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. The chicken should now easily fall apart with two forks, break up the chicken into chunks and toss all ingredients together until combined and sauce is smooth. Keep crock pot on warm.
Cook penne pasta to al dente in salted water then add the pasta directly into the crock pot. Add a handful of extra parmesan along with more minced parsley and red pepper flakes. Serve warm with garlic bread.
Tools I Love
Looking for more comfort food recipes?
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for garlic parmesan chicken pasta! Be sure to comment below with any questions or feedback! If you make these or any other recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG @BadBatchBaking to be featured on my story. Seeing your recreations makes my day!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
Homemade Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-3 tablespoons hot sauce depending on your heat preference
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, minced
Chicken, Pasta & Cream Sauce
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast or tenders
- 2 tbsp poultry seasoning or all-purpose seasoning **see notes for my blend
- 8 oz block cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: garlic bread or breadsticks
- Prepare the garlic parmesan sauce by heating butter in a medium bowl until partially melted. Add in remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Place chicken in a bowl or large zip-top bag along with a few tablespoons of olive oil, tossing them to coat. Add in a few spoonsful of your preferred chicken seasoning** and rub it into all sides of the chicken.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook chicken about 3-4 minutes until well browned. Flip once, reduce heat to low. Add a heaping spoonful of garlic parmesan sauce into the skillet allowing it to melt into the chicken as it cooks.
- Once internal temp reaches 165 degrees (about 6-8 minutes total), toss the chicken in the butter sauce. Set aside under tented foil to rest, then dice into large chunks.
- In the same skillet over medium low, add in the remaining garlic parmesan sauce and the softened cubed cream cheese and heavy cream. Cook until cream cheese melts, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced chicken into the cream sauce tossing well until combined, continuing to simmer. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of salted water according to the package instructions for al dente. Into the cream sauce add the pasta water and cooked pasta. Toss everything together until well coated.
- I like to add in extra parmesan cheese, minced parsley and red pepper flakes before serving. Serve warm with garlic bread or breadsticks.