It’s Labor Day weekend and I am taking full advantage of this long break to work on seasonal recipes. I have some exciting recipes coming soon like Peanut Butter Filled Ganache Cookies, Caramel Apple Cider Donuts, and low carb Pumpkin Cauliflower Mash. But today, we are celebrating the final days of summer with this Chicken Avocado BLT Pasta Salad.
This recipe takes advantage of easy hacks to save time, including using rotisserie chicken and pre-made dressings. You can pull this Chicken Avocado BLT Pasta Salad together in no time. It’s perfect for quick weekday meals, picnics, summer holiday gatherings, etc.
Tips to Make the Perfect BLT Pasta Salad
- Cut your veggies small: Cutting your vegetables into bite-sized pieces will ensure that you get a taste of everything in each bite!
- Don’t overcook the noodles: Overcooking will make a mushy pasta salad as the acids from the dressing will break down the starches farther. Be sure to cook the noodles al dente.
- Cool the pasta first: The heat from the pasta will wilt the spinach, tomatoes, etc. You don’t want them to soften ou don’t want to begin to cook your vegetables while you toss everything together!
- Let your pasta salad sit before you serve it: Letting the pasta sit aside for a bit before serving will help the flavors mingle together and result in a much more flavorful pasta salad. I like to make mine several hours ahead before serving (sometimes the night before) and add a tad more dressing just before serving.
@badbatchbakingChicken Avocado BLT Pasta Salad ##fyp ##recipe ##foryou ##howto
Easy Pasta Salad Dressing Hack
To make this Chicken Avocado BLT Pasta Salad as easy as possible, we use a lot of hacks in this recipe. In addition to this being a super easy no-cook entree, I also use a combination of two pre-made salad dressings to achieve a delicious creamy and tangy dressing:
Peppercorn Ranch Dressing – I used CW Glisso’s Mountain Peppercorn Ranch
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing – I used Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Balsamic Vinaigrette
Looking for more easy recipes?
15-Minute Zoodle Chicken Lo Mein
Nutty Monkey Whole Foods Copycat Smoothie
Keto-Friendly High Protein Chocolate Mug Cake
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Avocado BLT Pasta Salad recipe. Be sure to comment below with any questions or feedback! If you make these or any other recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG @BadBatchBaking to be featured on my story. Seeing your recreations makes my day!
Chicken Avocado BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 rotisserie chicken, chopped (2 cooked chicken breasts)
- 1 lb. bacon, chopped
- 1 lb. medium shell pasta
- 2/3 cup sharp cheddar, cubed
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic dressing
- salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta to the package specififactions. While the pasta is cooking, cook the bacon in a skillet on medium low until crispy.
- In a small container, combine equal parts ranch and balsamic dressing (1/4 cup of each) and mix together. Set aside
- Chop all veggies, chicken and cheese. Add all items into a bowl, drizzle the dressing over the pasta salad, add salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine (adding more dressing if needed). Serve chilled or warm.